Approved Technology is a fast-growing distributor of network connectivity solutions. Our ATGBICS optoelectronics brand of fibre optic transceivers, DAC’s and AOC’s is fast becoming the brand of choice for IT resellers and their end users.
We are looking to recruit an experienced Business Development Director to join our small but efficient team to help us capitalise on our opportunities for growth. Our exemplary reputation in the UK reseller (VAR) channel presents the right candidate a rare opportunity to develop a lucrative client base.
The successful applicant will be a highly motivated self-starter with proven experience in selling third party compatible transceivers and compatible network solutions to the UK leading VARs including Computacenter, SCC and Softcat.
We are flexible on work location either working from the office in Southbourne, Dorset, BH5 2JU or home based.
OTE Uncapped, up to 35% commission. Base to be negotiated depending on experience.
- Develop and implement a successful sales strategy for our full product range into the IT reseller VAR channel. This includes the identification of and prospecting of potential new customers and develop them into active clients.
- Meet minimum daily outbound call targets with proven cold calling.
- Ensure monthly sales revenue and margin targets are met.
- Manage and share weekly and monthly sales pipeline to management.
- Prepare annual and quarterly business plans, and client sales proposals as appropriate.
- Maintain the CRM system, ensuring customer details and sales opportunities are accurate and up to date.
- Contribute to marketing initiatives with the objective of increasing engagement with UK VAR’s.
- Manage the sales process from quotation to dispatch with the assistance of the sales support team ensuring customer needs and expectations are met.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum of 3 years B2B ICT distribution sales experience preferably selling compatible transceivers and fibre cabling.
- Self-starter, highly motivated with proven strong business development skills.
- Unphased by outbound cold calling.
- Excellent telephone manner with ability to verbally articulate our proposition.
- Plan, coordinate & present business sales plans, forecasts & pipelines.
- Attention to detail.
- Knowledge of leading network hardware vendors and their products.
- Proficient in CRM software and Microsoft Office suite.
Sales and product training will be provided according to experience and existing knowledge
DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS POSITION IF YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RELEVANT INDUSTRY SALES EXPERIENCE. NO AGENCIES
To apply or find out more, please email your CV with covering letter to include references to email@example.com